Friday 3 January 2014

Simple Lunch Recipe

Hey guys,

I've decided my New Years Resolution is to become a better blogger. Which means I am going to have to put more effort, research and consideration into my posts and also what my blog looks like which to be honest, looks like a 7 year old did it. No offense to any great 7 year old bloggers out there. But seriously I do want to try making this a better blog.

But while I try to turn that illusion into something real, here is my lunch for you:

Salad and Sandwich

Ingredients

  • Tomato - You can use any kind of tomato you like e.g. cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes, tomato medley or just a regular sized tomato
  • Feta - I used Danish Feta for mine but you can use a different one
  • Red Onion
  • Turkish Bread - or any bread but Turkish is my favourite!
  • Avocado - make sure you have a ripe one :)
  • Prosciutto


Today I had salad with an avocado and prosciutto sandwich.
Basically it's a Greek salad with no olives or cucumber. Yeah, I know; I'm a very fussy, unhealthy eater but feel free to make a Greek salad if you like.

If you don't know what prosciutto is, where have you been? It's ham that has been cured and aged and it tastes soooo good!!
























I ended up putting my salad on half my sandwich and eating it as slices.

Basically my mum bought this Nicer Dicer thing and it chops things up for you. So I thought I'd try it out on my salad. But if you don't have Nicer Slicer Dicer thingomabob then you can just cut the red onion and feta into small chunks and either cut the tomatoes in half (if you have small tomatoes) or into wedges (if you have big tomatoes). The turkish bread was fresh so I just cut off a nice big slice of that and cut it in half. I then spread avocado on both sides and placed two slices of yummy fresh prosciutto onto one slice of bread. Feel free to try it out! It is yuuuummy :)


Jody

No comments:

Post a Comment