Thursday 23 January 2014

CARE's Walk In Her Shoes Challenge

Hey guys!
If you follow me on twitter you may know that I have registered for CARE's Walk In Her Shoes Challenge for 2014. If you haven't participated in this fundraiser before I would definitely recommend it. I did it back in 2012 and it's great because first of all, it really helps women and girls living in poverty overseas and helps rebuild their community in doing so. Second of all, it's not hard to do. All you have to do is choose whether you want to walk either
a) 25km challenge - 5,000 steps or 45 minutes of walking a day for one week
b) 50km challenge - 10,000 steps or 90 minutes of walking a day for one week
c) 100km challenge - 20,000 steps or 3 hours of walking a day for one week

Or of course if you for some reason are unable to walk this much during the day, you can always sponsor a friend!
The third reason I like this is because it encourages me to exercise daily which I really need :) I like fundraisers because I become encouraged to do things that I would not usually be bothered to do and it really is very easy. I did 10,000 steps a day in 2012 and that wasn't that hard for me and I am the opposite of a fit person. If I didn't make my 10,000 steps that day I would run around my house or on the spot in my room until I got there.

It goes from the 17th to the 23rd of March so it's only for one week but with the money you raise you will be supporting women and girls which will help lift their whole community out of poverty. CARE's experience has shown that when you help one woman out of poverty, she will bring four others with her. You can learn more about the facts, the statistics, where your money is going and how it is helping communities all around the world.

So I strongly encourage you to sign up for the 2014 Walk In Her Shoes Challenge today! There is a $15 registration fee and they send you a pedometer to track your steps. This pedometer can be changed from km to steps walked and as of February I think there will be an app that will assist you as well!

That's all for now,
Jody

I do not own these images

No comments:

Post a Comment