Tuesday 4 March 2014

Red Carpet Highlights

Hey guys,
So yesterday I said I'd give you some of the Red Carpet highlights, even though it may be pointless now I'd just like to share anyway. Last night the internet was bursting with images, captions, photobombing, gifs and pizza celebrating the 86th Academy Awards. '12 Years A Slave' won for best film, Cate Blanchett won Best Leading Actress for her role in 'Blue Jasmine', Mathew McConaughey won Best Leading Actor for 'Dallas Buyers Club', Lupita Nyong'o won for Best Actress in a Supporting Role for her role in '12 Years A Slave' and Jared Leto won Best Actor in a Supporting Role for 'Dallas Buyers Club'. 'Gravity' won for Best Cinematography and Best Directing, 'Great Gatsby' won for Best Costume Design and of course, 'Frozen' won for Best Animated Feature (like nobody saw that coming *rolls eyes*). The only movie I have seen out of all of those is Frozen and although it wasn't bad, I definitely don't think it deserved to win an Oscar.

Last night Tumblr was filled with stunning images and hilarious gifs of Emma Watson, Amy Adams and Lupita Nyong'o all looking fantastic, Benedict Cumberpatch getting a little too excited and photo-bombing every photo possible, Ellen ordering pizzas, Brad Pitt handing out plates, Jennifer Lawrence yet again tripping, Leonardo DiCaprio breaking into tears and John Travolta's inability to pronounce names- it sounded like quite a night!

One of the stars of the show was Lupita Nyong'o looking charming and beautiful in that dress. She looks like a princess, literally, I can't stop thinking of the Princess and the Frog. I don't mean for that to be offensive of course she looks lovely. And the way the dress moves is just so nice. Everyone was so happy to hear that she won and they all adored her speech, even Benedict Cumberpatch cried.
Although I just love Lupita Nyong'o swishy blue dress, I have to say, Amy Adams scored a win with her elegant dark blue that just fits to her body beautifully. I can't say she could've done better because it was spot on. The hip flaps are a little strange but the lines of this dress are what make it perfect.
Penelope Cruz actually looked decent in comparison to the last time I saw a photo of her in a shocking dress at the opening night of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. The colours go well on her the Giambattista Valli gown is elegant and swishy without being too ordinary or too outrageous. I do love her, she's a beautiful woman, and last night with her hair in a bun and those Chopard jewels she really looked beautiful.
For once I actually liked Anne Hathaway's hair. Ever since she got that pixie cut I thought it didn't really suit her and it looked strange. but it's grown out a bit and I like it. I also like the metallic-embellished black Gucci gown she wore. Although this isn't perfect, it's not bad and the shape and colours suit her well. I'm just not sure about the bodice part. But otherwise, the dress suits her well and it makes a statement but isn't too showy.
Emma Watson was one of my favourites. I think she ties with Amy Adams, but just look at how stunning she looks in that dress! And the lipstick was perfect too. I like the flowyness of the dress and how it makes her look taller. And my gosh she's not a little girl anymore! I haven't seen her in a while but she's almost a full adult now! Maybe not quite, she's still a young-un in my heart.
And last of all, I thought Jennifer Garner looked quite pretty in that sparkly, tinsel-y dress. Not my absolute favourites, but still quite pretty for quite a boring colour. It wasn't quite nude which was good because I don't like nudes. They're kind of boring and just kind of blend in.

Images from oscars.go.com/red-carpet and dailymail.co.uk

What were your favourite things about this year's Oscars? Was it the host? The outfits? The winners? Or the hilarious captions that came afterwards? :)

Jody

No comments:

Post a Comment