Saturday 1 March 2014

Hello March

Source, edited by me on Rhonna Designs.






















Hey guys,
Today is the first day of March, February seems to have gone by really quickly. It does have less days than most though I suppose.

I hope you all had a great February and have lots of wonderful plans for March. At the moment my only real plan is Walk In Her Shoes from the 17th-23rd. It's not too late to register! Also not too late to sponsor a friend or a group or something. I spoke about WIHS in a previous post so you can go over there now to read it or just visit the website to learn more. You can also pick up a WIHS starter kit in the Body Shop (one of their funding sponsors).

On another note...it's happened. Although I've tried to resist it I couldn't. It's official now, I'm addicted to Tumblr. Well, I can't be saved now, so go head over to my blog and check it out ;)

And another thing, I'm now making dinner for my family once a week. This how now gone on for three weeks? (Four if you count the first week when I wasn't getting paid which I'm not at the moment because I can't remember what I cooked the first time anyway). Although I can't remember what I cooked the first week.. Gosh I'm hopeless. Well anyway, originally the budget was $20. Money was supplied by my mum and if I went within the limit I could keep the leftover money, but if I went over, the extra money spent came out of my own pocket. Well the second week this worked out alright because we most of the ingredients at home. But lately I've just been losing money so I decided not to do it anymore. My dad has so far enjoyed the things I've been cooking and so at this news he was a little disappointed. So he offered me as much money as I needed to make dinner. Now at this offer I immediately said, yes. It was a little unsubtle I must admit but me and my family all know I'll pretty much do anything for money. Well, if it's something I know I can do, I'll do it. So anyway, I'll give you the links to the recipes I used from Taste.com just in case you were looking for family meal ideas. Some days I have cooked meals when my brother was at my grandma's house and so I can cook things that my brother will not usually eat, without having to make something extra for him. So kiddie meals are not really the thing I'm going for. Especially not fussy ones.
Week 1:???
Week 2: Cous cous with pumpkin and chorizo and Aparagus and Pecorino Tart. First of all, I used wholemeal cous cous rather than pearl cous cous and it tastes fine. You can use absolutely any cous cous you want it still tastes good. Also the chorizo is quite salty so I'd recommend you chop it up smaller than just slices to distribute the taste more evenly among the dish. Also "Asparagus and Pecorino Tart" is basically a Quiche Lorraine with asparagus on top but it tastes so good.
Week 3: Chicken parmigiana bake. It's unlike any chicken parmigiana I've ever heard of, I'm not sure you can actually call it 'chicken parmigiana' but it tastes yum anyway. Makes a lot too. And it's easy to make. The ingredients are a little expensive though so this is definitely not an under $20 meal. Also please note, when it says "tomato pasta sauce" it is tomato pasta sauce. Stupid me thought it was tomato paste. And of course I didn't read the whole thing so all I saw was 'tomato paste' and so my mum had to run up to the shops to get tomato pasta sauce since we had nothing tomato of the sort.

Also I'd just like to share this pretty postcard I picked up at the library and this beautiful little feather I found that matches it perfectly!

Hope you all had (or will have) a great day!

Jody

No comments:

Post a Comment