Monday 24 March 2014

Art Assignment - My Parody of The Persistence of Memory

Hi guys,

So not yesterday but the Sunday before I started the practical part of my art assigment. Which was to take a surrrealist painting and change it. So I took The Persistence of Memory by Salvador Dali and changed it. If you don't know what I'm talking about, here it is:
























At first I got the idea from the stopwatch with the ants on it. I thought, ants, ants eat food, food, it look like pizza. Then I looked at the rest of the stopwatches, and I thought they kind of looked like those soggy cheesy pizzas you see on TV. So I decided to just make all of the stopwatches pizzas. When I looked at the that white, drapey thing, for some reason I just thought it looked like the shape of a couch. Well, the top bit anyway. So yeah that was pretty much my inspiration. I tried to make the box thing in the corner look more like my desk, so I added a notepad and I changed the tree into those little wooden mannequin things. I'm glad I could finally use my pastels that I got for my birthday a while ago. Although I have no doubt someone has already thought of this kind of appropriation, I'm still proud of my work and I hope I've done as well in the theory part! :/

Development Stages...



The End Result























Well I hope you like that, sorry if the images take a really long time to load ;D If the fonts on the blog don't load properly just refresh the page and it should fix itself up. I need to start doing less posts with photos in it I think :)
Also, I'm sorry there hasn't been any fashion sketches for weeks, I'm not sure whether to keep going with that or not. I do want to but as you know recently i just haven't had time but I might start it back up again next week but I don't want to get your hopes up just in case nothing happens.

Jody

No comments:

Post a Comment