Monday 30 December 2013

My Fav Photo Apps

Hey guys,

The other day I gave quite a few reviews on my game apps. So today I am finally giving a review on my favourite photo apps.

My first and most favourite is of course, Instagram. Now we've all heard of Instagram, in fact most of us have it. Well, especially teenagers. But it has to be the most addictive app I have. It is more addictive at the start when you're trying to find anything to take a picture of -clouds mostly- but you get the hang of it with practice. It's a great way of and sharing pics with everyone and as a personal inspiration for yourself. You can also upload pictures from your library. So if you took some holiday pics on your camera you can still upload them to Instagram. Plus it's free! No ads, and no in-app purchases. Don't feel discouraged if you don't have an iPhone. I have an iPod Touch 4th gen and it takes terrible quality photos but it's still fun. Unfortunately Instagram does not come for the iPad but you can download Instagram viewers like Padgram.

Ok if you have Instagram, then FanScan is a good app to have to find your biggest fan (the person who likes your photos the most) and fans of everyone else too! It used to be called Instafan but changed with the update.

If you don't like Instagram but you like the effects, ArtCamera has got almost exactly the same effects except you don't have to crop it, there are no borders and you don't post it to Instagram.But for some strange reason I can't seem to find it on the store anymore. It says it's only on the Chinese store or something so maybe it moved. So I don't know what happened to it but if you do find it, it's a good photo effects app.

I got Font Candy+ fairly recently but I still haven't quite gotten the hang of it. It's a great app for adding text to your pics - or pictures to your text ;). There is a free version of this which is good if you just want to try it out before you pay for the full version.

Rhonda Designs I also got recently and like Font Candy+, you can add a mask to your photos and add text plus so much more! It's hard to explain what you can do but just click on the link and have a look. It takes a bit of getting used to; I still haven't gotten the hang of it yet. But it's pretty cool and once you find the right balance of number of stickers you add and the layout etc, you get a pretty cool image. Creating a logo is another idea you could use this app for.

WordFoto is not one of my most highly recommended apps. I don't really use it much and you kind of get bored of it but it's kind of cool how it fills your picture with words. And you can change the word/s, the font, the colour. It's a pretty good app for what it does I just don't have much use for it.

Bokehful has to be one of my most favourite photo apps. It's not like other photo editing apps. You cannot crop, enhance or add effects to your photos. But trust me it is easy, simple, fun and makes your photos look beautiful!

Camera+ is one of my most favourite apps for intense effects. I use it a lot when I want to create a very surreal effect on my photos. Here are some examples of the photos I've created:



So as you can see they're no very subtle effects but you can change the intensity of the effect if you don't want it to be that strong. You can also easily crop your photos and add borders. Believe it or not I actually took those photos myself :)

Now if you like the kind of silly effects that make your head squish in or your fingers curl (Photobooth) then you will probably like Mega Photo. It has tonnes of effects where you can either put your head on the Mona Lisa or have your face burst into fireworks, and it's free. However there is an in-app purchase if you want to access all the effects. It doesn't cost much and you get soooo many effects that I think it's worth it.

Now if you have an iTouch 4th gen or an iPad (like me) you will probably be annoyed that the camera does not come with a panorama camera. So you have to buy panoramic app which is not going to be as good as the built in panoramas they give those lucky iPhone users but you still want to take a panoramic photograph. If you don't really like paying for apps - such as myself - and you want a free panoramic app then I suggest Cycloramic. It's not great quality but I have found that it is the easiest and most simplist app for taking panoramic shots. Here is a few panoramas I took at Perisher:














 
It does make your pictures a little distorted but that can't be helped and it gets the job done.

Next is Pic Collage which is my most favourite app for putting pictures in frames and collages. I highly recommend it as it is super easy to use and makes great collages and frames with very little effort. You can have up to 12 photos in a frame and as many photos as you want in a collage. You can change the background in a collage or make the background a photo, you can trim photos and change the size and rotation with a simple tap, swipe and and a twist. You can change the colour or pattern of the border and you can add stickers and text. This is definitely the best app for the job.

If your looking to change the background of your home screen or lock screen Pimp Your Screen is a classic and has so many wonderful background for your iTouch, iPhone and iPad that your sure to find one you like. Unfortunately it does require interent connection so download your favourite wallpapers at home and choose your favourite one when you get the chance. You can also create your own lock screen and home screen wallpapers using there images or yours.

Well that's all for now, I have currently misplaced my iTouch so I don't know if there are any other apps but if there are I'll make a part two.

Until then,
Jody

No comments:

Post a Comment