Saturday 11 October 2014

Botanic Gardens

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't written anything in two months but I was busy/procrastinating but I wanted to take the time to tell you about two great things going on at the Botanic Gardens in Sydney at the moment. Here's an extract from the website:

Cultivate: New Artisans

This exhibition celebrates emerging artisans, offering a rare opportunity to showcase their creativity and talent.  
When: 4th - 14th October, 10am - 4pm daily
Where: Palm House, Royal Botanic Garden
Cost: Free. All works are for sale

We went there today and they were both brilliant! So much stuff to see I'm sorry I'm only telling you last minute. There was so much to see in this little building and so many talented artists, sculptures, jewellers, and pottery makers and if you don't get to see them it will be such a shame but I should've said something earlier but I forgot to be honest. Anyway I'm kind of known for promoting my aunt, Mel, who is a lovely person and talented contemporary jeweller and her works were features in this exhibition too. So here are the pictures I took:
The beautiful Melinda Young with her works at Cultivate: Artisans


The next one was also beautiful and jam-packed with wonderful art, jewellery, pottery, sculpture from amazing artists.
Here's an extract from the website:

Artisans in the Gardens

This year’s exhibition showcases unique works by some of our best contemporary and traditional artisans. Including jewellery, ceramics, glass, textiles, and sculpture, the exhibition celebrates the beauty and complexity of nature.
When: 11th - 19th October, 10am - 4pm
Where: Lion Gate Lodge, Royal Botanic Garden
Cost: Free. All works are for sale

And here are the pictures I took:
(Sorry for the overload of pictures I'm not very good at choosing my favourites)

If you missed out, you should still head over to the Botanic Gardens because it's beautiful and it's right next to the Art Gallery of NSW so you can make two trips in one! Keep an eye out for upcoming exhibitions at both the Botanic Gardens and the Art Gallery and make a trip down there the next time you're in Sydney (if you don't already live there).


Jody

No comments:

Post a Comment