Thursday 23 October 2014

Party!



Hi guys,

So Saturday was my birthday, hip hip, hooray! I turned 16 :) So naturally I had to have an awesome cake that just blew all the other ones away. So my cousin and I attempted the impossible mission of creating a Finding Nemo cake using these 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 tutorials and this picture as inspiration. We made the cake on Saturday and the party was on Sunday.
Can I just say that my cousin and I did awesome! Granted I did end up spending quite a bit of money on the supplies necessary for the cake but it was so worth it! I think the saddest part is that we spent all day Saturday making it and on Sunday it was revealed a minute before we cut the cake so it would be a surprise. Next time, if I spend that much time on a cake, it's not going to be left a surprise, I want there to be time to admire the cake before we cut it. Because it was just sooooooo saadd that we spent all that work on it, only to be seen untouched for less than a minute before covering it with candles and swiftly chopping it up! But everyone loved it, despite how briefly they were allowed to see it. And it tasted delicious! I used this recipe along with the frosting recipe, which I think pretty much lived up to it's name, although I won't say it's the best. I will save that for when I really do try the best ever chocolate cake.
 I don't mean to brag but, my presents were awesome too! The whole party was so perfect. My dad cooked a banquet of delicious food. As well as delicious snacks. And my party decorations were pretty great too if I do say so myself! I used pre-cut paper garland strips from Typo (I got it on sale at DFO) and blew up and tied balloons everywhere! Sorry I'm using a lot of exclamation marks, but it really was a happy day - at least up until the point on Sunday night when I realised it was school tomorrow :(
So for presents I got 3 bottles of Kester Black nail polish in the colours Acid, Bondi Rays, and Supernova. I got The Hand Book (a collaboration between Kester Black and Trophy Wife). an adorable OMM Fox plate from Made590. Also from Made 590 was two rolls of washi tape (dark blue with transparent stars, and glittery dark blue!) I also got LUSH stuff. Phoenix Rising bath bomb, Miranda soap, The Godmother soap, and Bubblegum Lip Scrub! Which I've been wanting for ages! It's basically sugar with colours and flavours in it but it tastes and smells so good! I also got a beautiful Melinda Young necklace, an awesome lava lamp, more washi tape and a washi tape book, a WWF species adoption, a fr***in' weekend in Melbourne with my cousin to see The Lion King Musical!!! and so much more. I'm so lucky and I was so happy to receive all these gifts. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm bragging. Well, it probably does. Sorry about that then. Oh well maybe it will give you ideas of what to ask for for your next birthday or Christmas present!
And later on, inspired by my washi tape book that I was given, I washi taped my bookshelf! Looks so cool!!
I don't know if I can ever exceed the levels of that awesome cake, so I think I'll just do sweet and simple cakes for myself from now on. But I must say, it was fun to make with my cousin! Just a lot of effort and very time consuming.

Anyway that's all for now. Hope you liked this post!

Jody

No comments:

Post a Comment