Sunday 20 October 2013

My Fashion Designs

If you don't have My Style Studio by Klutz then I definitely recommend you get it!

It is the easiest tool for drawing your own fashion designs as you will ever come to. You just stick the ready made designs onto the model template. Then put on a sheet of already cut tracing paper and trace your design. It's so simple and so easy to use.
 At first I started by copying the designs that they had created because I was new at it and didn't know what else to do. After a while I began to put together my own outfits and gain confidence as well as practice in my drawings. Copying the drawings became easier too and my hand became steadier.
I have now started steering away from the patterns and started to hand draw my own unique designs (shown above).
I will show you the designs I have already done. So far I have done 46 designs. I figure that's too many to show in one post. So I've decided to show you two every....day? week? I don't know, I'll see how I go. I really want to just show them all to you now but I don't want to run out of fashions to show you too quickly. Of course I'll keep making them and posting them but I think it would be a nice weekly task to take on.
A blue circle means the drawing is partially original. This means I've copied some of it or most of it from the book but added my own touch somewhere (e.g. different shoes).
A yellow star means the drawing has been completely copied and no part of it was of my own creative initiative.
A red heart means it's one of my favourites. I have a lot of favourites which I have not put a red heart because I've either forgotten about it or if I'm not sure if it deserves to be in the top favourites.

So here are 3 today:

I will show you 2 more next weekend. I will call this ongoing series "Fashion Fun".
Also I ordered an extras kit from the Klutz website. Unfortunately it has to be shipped from America and the shipping costs almost as much as the product itself so that is very unfortunate but it didn't stop me from buying it ;D

While pinning on the very useful Pinterest I found this blog which even though I haven't found many pins I find particularly inspiring, I find the blog itself a little inspiring and also that it's is run by a young student (like myself I suppose - except she is a much better blogger) which you don't see many of these days I'm afraid. They seem to all be run by young women or mothers :) Which is fine of course.
Oh so here's the blog: http://yourstrulyg.com/


Jody

No comments:

Post a Comment