Wednesday 29 May 2013

Trying to draw differenty

But who am I kidding? I'm not like Del Kathryne Barton or this amazing artist here; whom I've been trying to be inspired by but it kinda failed...

Researching new fonts and trying to copy them...
My first attempt at trying to be inspired by Renee Nault but it kinda failed. By the way I traced the outline of the fox first. :D ;) Considering they are my favourite animal; no matter how hard I try I cannot draw foxes
Attempt no. 2. This was a massive fail as I drew the nose and mouth way to large, so I gave up on that one...
Attempt no. 3. Was getting desperate here so I tried to do something like her 'Flood Fauna' series... this was also a fail and it doesn't even make sense. Why is there a weird fluffy chick on a rock?? I can't even explain my own drawings.
And while I was trying desperately to copy the ideas of her I kinda had an idea...
Yeaaahhhh, it got a bit random...
Anyway there are my (not very good) attempts of trying a new form of art which I find really beautiful but art is controversial and it's just my opinion.

Jody


P.S. I know I haven't been posting weekly quotes in a while but haven't found any good ones....

P.P.S. If you don't know who Del Kathryn Barton is look her up. She won the Archibold prize this year for her painting of Hugo Weaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment